Are you the top Packaging Developer looking for the best R&D team in the world? Euro Caps, Private label manufacturer, invents, makes and packages (coffee) capsules for various international retailers and coffee companies. In less than a decade we have become the global leader in this niche market.
In a supermarket, you are the person always looking at packaging design and functionality. Do you recognize this? Keep on reading, because you might be the new Packaging Developer for Euro Caps. Due to the enormous growth of new projects within our company, we are looking for an experienced Packaging Developer. Your focus is on fine-tuning and implementing packaging and also capsules with the aim of bringing them to market as fast as possible.
Implementation and renovation projects are initiated by the sales department as well by the production floor. Typical projects are validation and implementation of new innovations and adaption or improvement of existing products. In addition, you provide technical support for sales-related purposes and all the challenges that come with it. Other important tasks are; Identifying needs in the market, initiating developments, competitive research of related technologies, creating support and assessing market opportunities. You collect the required technical data, create technical documents and implement them. This position requires strong collaboration with the Engineering, Supply Chain, Sales, Quality and Production departments.
In this role, you spend about 40% of your time in collaboration with our pilot plant and ensure that everything runs smoothly there. In addition, you are involved in implementation and renovation projects in which you align the involved organization departments to realize a perfect end product.
You can fit well into this role with the following characteristics:
• A completed BSc/MSc education in industrial design with a specialization in packaging, NVC packaging science or a comparable background;
• An excellent command of the Dutch and English language;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience within the Food Industry/ Scale up;
• Experience with managing and coordinating external parties;
• Able to establish successful criteria for packaging development and validation.
• Ensure packaging innovation/renovation of development lead to the end of the chain;
• Experience with R&D project management;
• Knowledge of packaging FMCG is highly desirable;
• Curious and full of ideas about new packaging technologies/materials;
• Good team player, who knows how to connect.
This is what you can expect from us:
• A good salary in salary and additional employment conditions
• A full-time (40 hours) position in which you can make a lot of impact;
• Working in a pleasant and ambitious company;
• Committed and enthusiastic colleagues in an informal working environment;
• Top coffee at work and 100 capsules for home every month;
• Fresh fruit every day;
• Earn extra vacation days;
• An annual health check and support for a healthy lifestyle;
• Training opportunities and non-stop access to online training courses from GoodHabitz;
• A professional portrait on our Wall of Fame;
• Annual family festival and unique staff party (after Corona).
Your future workplace:
The R&D packaging team is a driven young team where you as a specialist play an important role, we listen to what you say and provide you with coaching and training.
The team consists of a packaging development manager, 4 packaging developers (capsule and packaging) and 2 pilot plant technicians.
This is who we are:
At Euro Caps we work with pure people on a pure product. We are passionate about our products this shows from the energetic people in the company. Our colleagues are given opportunities, but they have to use them in the right way. Euro-Caps creates an environment where training and personal growth are strongly encouraged. Informal but with the operating result in mind. We appreciate our colleagues for good performance and work in a constructive way to improve it. Directly communicating and socially involved. Own initiative is appreciated. Preferably with ideas that are innovative and out of the box. This way, every colleague has influence on the growth of Euro-Caps and that is what we want. We grow with an eye for the environment, looking at people and the preservation of nature.
This is Euro-Caps:
In 2012, the market was ready for the production of private label coffee capsules for Nespresso® machines. We seized the opportunity with an energetic team and built a wonderful organization. In our first factory in Rotterdam, we make about 3 million Nespresso® compatible capsules every day with more than 300 colleagues. At our second location, we have been making Dolce Gusto® compatible capsules since 2016. Since 2019 we have added Nespresso Professional to our product portfolio. In 2020 we started the construction of a third factory that will open in 2021. Euro Caps has decades of expertise in-house about coffee and its packaging in capsules. This is a complex process that requires solid knowledge of the entire chain from purchasing to logistics towards our customers. We are now the leading international party and we deliver our capsules worldwide in almost 40 countries and that number is growing fast. We achieve this because everyone in our organization focuses on top customer service and delivering the best possible product. In this way we guarantee the perfect coffee experience for the consumer.
Are you interested or do you have a question for us?
Our recruiters are happy to talk to you. For this vacancy you can call Folkert van den Beld or Pieter Bas Vencken (010-2014530) or email your questions to email@example.com.
This is how we handle your application
We will immediately start working on your application after receiving your input. We try to reply within 10 working days of your application. Assessments from Thomas International can be part of this application procedure.
Euro Caps uses specialized recruiters. The unsolicited offer of candidates and/or acquisition does not produce a desired result. We kindly request that you refrain from this.